Welcome to Community School of Naples Athletics! What can you expect from our Athletic Program? Your student-athlete will pursue academic and athletic excellence each day. We generally compete in nearly 500 athletic contests over the course of a 172-day school year. Although we missed out on most of the spring season due to the COVID-19 lockdown, we did get a number of games played. We made sure to celebrate our spring teams in late April, and then created an end-of-year video reviewing the entire athletic school year.
CSN is considered a “combined” school by the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), which means our Middle School student-athletes can compete at the JV and Varsity levels. In fact, this past year we had 63 MS students earn either a JV or Varsity roster spot. We attained 70% athletic participation among our Upper School students, and 73% of MS students participated on a MS team.
- 27 MS student-athletes played on three or more teams while maintaining above a 3.0 GPA
- 19 student-athletes earned multiple Varsity letters during their career while maintaining a GPA of 3.75 or higher
- 12 student-athletes earned three or more Varsity letters in one school year, and four of them played four sports
- 6% of CSN graduates take their talents to NCAA Division I schools (the national average is < 2% for NCAA Division I)
- Since 2015, CSN averaged 10% of our student-athletes going on to NCAA schools to play a sport
- Since 2016, CSN produced nine individual State Champions in tennis, track & field, and swimming
- Since 2015, CSN produced two Winged Foot Award Winners for Collier County
- Since 2016, CSN produced 295 All-State or All-Area selectees and four All-Americans (in basketball, lacrosse and swimming)
- Since 2017, 32 new school records were set in track & field and swimming & diving
CSN’s Athletic Department is committed to excellence, and believes leadership and character development are essential to success in life. Our aim is to “match athletic excellence with academic excellence” and “forge global citizen leaders of tomorrow through rigorous athletic competition today.” Athletic competition hones leadership skills, tests character, and elevates confidence in student-athletes while they experience personal growth. Our coaches embrace the concept of winning with teamwork, leadership, respect, integrity and work ethic on and off the field. Even though COVID-19 cut short our spring season, eight teams were District Champions or Runners-up and went on to Region competition, two reached the Region Finals, and boys basketball won Regions and advanced to the Final Four for the first time since 2013! Individual successes mirrored our team honors as two student-athletes were chosen Naples Daily News “Prep Athlete of the Week.” Forty-eight student-athletes earned All-Area honors, and three new CSN records were set in swimming & diving.
Leveraging athletics to better balance CSN student resumés illustrates our commitment to families and the general value of athletics in education and in life. We work in concert with the college counseling, arts, and academic departments to match the best colleges and universities for our students. Success doesn’t happen without the dedication and support our student-athletes receive from CSN leadership, faculty, coaches, family and friends. Welcome to CSN and our proud heritage of excellence!
All the proper paperwork needs to be turned in prior to the first day of practice. Students need to have an up-to-date Physical, Consent, Concussion and Heat Related forms and Birth Certificate on file with the athletic office. Per FHSAA rules student-athletes may not participate until the paperwork is submitted. Check CSN website for changes and updates.