Careers at CSN
Thank you for your interest in Community School of Naples, southwest Florida's premier independent, college-preparatory day school. Check out the information about the job category that you might be interested in.
Community School of Naples is currently requiring everyone to wear a face covering while indoors, maintain physical distance of 6 feet or greater, and practice enhanced hygiene; including frequent hand washing and sanitizing of surfaces. See our Community Enhancement Plan for more details about Covid-19 risk minimizing measures which apply to all persons on campus. https://www.communityschoolnaples.org/uploaded/2020-2021/home/docs/CommunityEnhancementPlan.PDF
Community School of Naples is seeking qualified substitute teachers. Please consider joining our wonderful community!
Community School of Naples is currently requiring everyone to wear a face covering while indoors, maintain physical distance of 6 feet or greater, and practice enhanced hygiene; including frequent hand washing and sanitizing of surfaces. See our Community Enhancement Plan for more details about Covid-19 risk minimizing measures with which all persons on campus are required to comply. https://www.communityschoolnaples.org/uploaded/2020-2021/home/docs/CommunityEnhancementPlan.PDF
Substitute Teacher Position Description and Requirements
The CSN maintains a comprehensive list of substitute teachers. This list is compiled and provided by the Human Resources Department with input from the various divisions and individual teachers. All substitute teachers are required to complete all pre-employment paperwork, fingerprinting, 7 SafeSchools Online Safety Training courses (annually) and SmartFind SubSystem Training, prior to employment. Once preliminary processes are successfully completed and approval to hire has been received, substitute teachers will be notified of acceptance and activation.
The Community School of Naples is an independent, college-preparatory day school that has built a reputation as a premier academic institution, and offers substitute teachers the opportunity to interact with highly motivated students in an academic environment free from many of the distractions found in other educational settings. We are fortunate that our students are both assiduous and are supported at home and in the classroom. As such, it is typical for students to be working several grade levels beyond their public school counterparts. Because of this laudable phenomenon, interested substitutes should be confident and capable of teaching beyond their selected grade level.
Substitute teachers must have more than an interest in a particular subject(s), and be able to demonstrate subject matter expertise arising from college or university coursework, professional certifications, licensure, experience, or a combination of unique factors. Important qualifications include: a college degree, state certification as a teacher, professional experience within a field, and basic knowledge of pedagogical principles and educational tenants.
At least for the first quarter of 2020, subbing may be working with a teacher who is running the class from home with the sub in the classroom covering attendance, conduct, and enforcement of current COVID safety standards. A strong background in technology is highly desired.
Most substitute teacher positions require a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
Compensation and Benefits
Substitute Teachers are paid on an hourly basis, currently at $14.75/hr and $19/hr for any work beyond 15 consecutive days. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Please apply via our online application portal only. Please do not mail, fax, email, or drop off your resume/application. https://communityschoolnaples.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Director of the Juliet Collier Sproul Center for Community & Global Impact
Community School of Naples seeks a Director of the Juliet Collier Sproul Center for Community & Global Impact. This new position would lead community outreach and student awareness efforts to help promote civic leadership, outreach, and the development of strong community and global connections, fostering the conviction that student awareness of civic responsibilities and global perspectives are essential to solving the challenges of the modern world, and indeed can enhance the quality of our lives.
Starting in August 2021, this position will report to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and may involve a part-time teaching load. The program would consolidate certain outreach initiatives which already exist at CSN, while researching and implementing new ones for both the students, faculty, and parent body. Generating, maintaining and communicating excitement about this expanded program are essential to this position.
Serving over 850 PreK3-12 students, Community School of Naples is one of the top independent schools in Florida. The many advantages of a career at CSN include; generous compensation and benefits, engaged students, plentiful resources, supportive atmosphere and a beautiful campus.
Areas of Concentration and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage an intentional, PreK3-12 approach to community outreach, service learning, and environmental citizenship, including fostering neighborhood partnerships, and coordinating the efforts of service coordination in each school division
- Develop division-specific service learning and leadership curriculum, with special attention to cultivating core competencies relating to a deep understanding of service learning, self-reflection, and each individual’s potential for impact.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a range of community members, including non-profits, civic groups and agencies, to identify additional opportunities for students to engage meaningfully at the local level
- Deepen key partnerships (including the Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Collier, Holocaust Museum, Habitat for Humanity, Honor Flight, Conservancy of Southwest Florida, Naples Botanical Garden, FGCU Water School and others), ensuring that these relationships are sustainable and mutually beneficial
- Expand existing community relationships, further identifying and coordinating mutually beneficial service learning and volunteer opportunities for CSN students, faculty, staff, and parents
- Guide and support students, teachers, and parents who are seeking external service learning, volunteering, or other external engagement opportunities
- In partnership with other personnel, support execution of the internship program
- Manage and coordinate an intentional, PreK3-12 approach to global engagement and international travel
- Develop a vision and plan for integrating an appreciation for multiple perspectives and global understanding more deeply into the curriculum, including supporting faculty towards this end
- Provide coordinated oversight of international travel opportunities, including providing planning support to trip leaders in all aspects of proposing, creating, managing risk, and executing international trips; effectively promote student participation in international travel and hosting of international students
- Oversee all aspects of the CSN Global Exchange Program. (currently Valencia and Munich)
- Develop relationships that result in additional opportunities for students to engage globally through immersive travel, study, service learning, and internships
- Further refine and execute existing risk management policies and procedures and stay abreast of risk concerns
A Bachelor's degree is required, a Master’s degree preferred. A minimum of two years’ experience in a school setting is required, with independent school experience preferred. Strong skills in web use and technology are required, especially in social media and international travel requirements. Experience interfacing with government entities and representing the non-profit sector are desired. Highly considered qualifications include; teaching Social Studies, Civics or History, school principal or leadership experience, team and/or club leadership, community volunteerism and/or outreach background.
This full-time instructional position is paid on an annual salary commensurate with experience, degree attainment and other qualifications. This position is eligible for CSN’s competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short & long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) retirement program, Aflac and Legal Shield offerings. Additional benefits include generous time-off (academic recesses and summer) and the use of the school’s state-of-the-art recreational facilities. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Application materials should include:
At least two professional references, either with contact information or recommendation letters.
Please do not mail, email or fax your resume. Our selection committee will review applications submitted to https://communityschoolnaples.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx. The online application includes features to attach your accompanying documents.
Lower School Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Specialist
The Community School of Naples is seeking a Lower School Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Specialist to lead our ongoing mission-based efforts to maintain, expand, and cultivate an SEL program that is tailored to the specific needs of our community. The SEL Coordinator will serve as a resource for our community including faculty and parents. The SEL Coordinator will collaborate with all stakeholders to facilitate, deliver, and support SEL programming and student wellness for our PreK-5 students while maintaining professional and confidentiality practices.
The SEL Specialist will:
- In collaboration with the Lower School Head, School Guidance Counselor and faculty develop and support the implementation of SEL curriculum
- Conduct school climate assessments and analyze data to support the SEL curriculum
- Lead SEL professional development for faculty and provide parent education and training to members of the community
- Communicate and collaborate closely with families to coordinate support and to provide resources
- Develop and maintain relationships with a range of community members, including non-profits, and mental health agencies
- Work with the Lower School Head, School Guidance Counselor and Coordinator of Learning Support to assist school efforts to skillfully balance learning needs across the student body
- In collaboration with the Lower School Head and School Guidance Counselor, act as a resource for faculty and staff in providing emotional and social support for students/families of diverse backgrounds
- In collaboration with teaching faculty, support students social-emotional development through one-on-one, small-group and whole group instruction
- Develop and manage an intentional, PreK-5 approach to social emotional learning that produces data driven results to be shared with the Fountain 33 Foundation through a pre-existing collaborative relationship
- Strong understanding of the social-emotional needs of elementary students, including, but not limited to, knowledge of developmental characteristics and milestones
- Culturally competent and responsive to equity and inclusion needs in the community
- Flexible collaborator with strong written and oral communication
- Experience with trauma-informed education, emotional regulation, mindfulness practices and behavior intervention support.
- Ability and desire to form strong and positive relationships with all community members
- Knowledge of how to support mental health and well-being in young children including, anxiety and depression
- Knowledge of and experience with elementary SEL curriculum and resources
- Experience in elementary education and/or mental health
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred
Compensation & Benefits
This full time position will be paid an annual salary commensurate with experience and degree level. All employees are eligible to participate in CSN’s generous 403(b) retirement program as well as Aflac and Legal Shield offerings. Full time employees are eligible for our competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, AD&D, life insurance. Breakfast and lunch are provided free of charge on all school days. As a faculty position, this will include time off during all academic recesses. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Please submit your electronic application via this link https://communityschoolnaples.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx which allows uploading of all supporting documents. Please include a cover letter, teaching philosophy and references. Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please do not mail, fax, email or drop off your application/resume.
HVAC Specialist & Maintenance Tech
Position Description & Requirements
Community School of Naples is now seeking a skilled individual to provide daily operation, maintenance and repair of school equipment and facilities with focus on our commercial HVAC and chiller systems. These responsibilities are executed consistent with our mission, standards of service and goals. This position is year round, full time and benefits eligible. Normal schedule is M-F, 7:30a – 4p, but may be asked to work overtime as needed. Schedule may run into after hours and/or weekends if needed. It is understood that this person is on call 24/7 for emergencies.
Community School of Naples is located on a beautiful 77-acre campus with approximately 26 buildings.
Summary of duties:
- Performs repairs to sustain high quality condition of equipment & facilities.
- Operates and maintains HVAC/Chiller and electrical equipment.
- Perform tests, repairs and replacement of all equipment related to HVAC/Chiller, electrical systems, motor control centers, plumbing and preventative maintenance.
- Responds to work orders, investigates problems and completes appropriate action.
- Completes all tests, inspections and maintains required documentation to assure CSN facilities are in compliance with all legislated safety, environmental and hazardous waste codes.
- Assists with set up and/or take down of all CSN events.
- As assigned: provides general assistance to any school department, operates a maintenance cart or other tasks.
Qualifications and experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- HVAC certification
- 5 years’ experience in a skilled facilities maintenance position, including repairs of equipment and buildings
- At least 3 years as an HVAC/Chiller Systems tech
- Experience in chiller systems, including operation, maintenance, trouble shooting, programming and repair of ice tanks, pumps, drives and computer automated logic systems
- Proven English written and verbal communication skills, customer service skills and through understanding of building systems
- Knowledge of basics in plumbing, carpentry, painting and electrical functions.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft office and related maintenance computer software applications as needed for duties of this position
- Frequently lift, carry or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds or more
- Possess a valid Florida Drivers license with an acceptable official driving record and the ability to operate maintenance carts and/or school motor vehicles
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position paid on an hourly rate of $24-$30 per hour, based on experience, qualifications, certifications and licensure. Full time employees are eligible for our competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, AD&D, and life insurance. Breakfast and lunch are provided free of charge on all school days. All employees are eligible to participate in CSN’s generous 403(b) retirement program as well as Aflac and Legal Shield offerings. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Please submit your online application using the link below, as hard copies, e-mails and faxes will not be recorded or stored. Your cover letter, resume and any letters of reference may be uploaded to the online application.
- Community School of Naples is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Fingerprinting and background checks are required in CSN’s employment eligibility process.