Careers at CSN
Thank you for your interest in Community School of Naples, southwest Florida's premier independent, college-preparatory day school. Check out the information about the job category that you might be interested in.
Director of the Juliet Collier Sproul Center for Community & Global Impact
Community School of Naples seeks a Director of the Juliet Collier Sproul Center for Community & Global Impact. This new position of would lead community outreach and student awareness efforts to help promote civic leadership, outreach, and the development of strong community and global connections, fostering the conviction that student awareness of civic responsibilities and global perspectives are essential to solving the challenges of the modern world, and indeed can enhance the quality of our lives.
Starting in August 2020, this position will report to the Head of Upper School and may involve a part-time teaching load. The program would consolidate certain outreach initiatives which already exist at CSN, while researching and implementing new ones for both the students, faculty, and parent body. Generating, maintaining and communicating excitement about this expanded program are essential to this position.
Serving over 800 PK-12 students, Community School of Naples is one of the top independent schools in Southwest Florida. The many advantages of a career at CSN include; generous compensation and benefits, engaged students, plentiful resources, supportive atmosphere and a beautiful campus.
Areas of Concentration and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage an intentional, K-12 approach to service and service learning, including fostering neighborhood partnerships, and coordinating the efforts of service coordination in each school division
- Develop division-specific service learning curriculum, with special attention to cultivating core competencies relating to a deep understanding of community service, self-reflection, and each individual’s potential for impact.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a range of community members, including non-profits, civic groups and agencies, to identify additional opportunities for students to engage meaningfully at the local level
- Deepen key partnerships (including the Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Collier, Holocaust Museum, Habitat for Humanity, Honor Flight, Conservancy of Southwest Florida, Naples Botanical Garden, FGCU Water School and others), ensuring that these relationships are sustainable and mutually beneficial
- Expand existing community relationships, further identifying and coordinating mutually beneficial service learning and volunteer opportunities for CSN students, faculty, staff, and parents
- Guide and support students, teachers, and parents who are seeking external service learning, volunteering, or other external engagement opportunities
- In partnership with other personnel, support execution of the internship program
- Manage and coordinate an intentional, K-12 approach to global engagement and international travel
- Develop a vision and plan for integrating an appreciation for multiple perspectives and global understanding more deeply into the curriculum, including supporting faculty towards this end
- Provide coordinated oversight of international travel opportunities, including providing planning support to trip leaders in all aspects of proposing, creating, managing risk, and executing international trips; effectively promote student participation in international travel and hosting of international students
- Oversee all aspects of the CSN Global Exchange Program. (currently Valencia and Munich)
- Develop relationships that result in additional opportunities for students to engage globally through immersive travel, study, service learning, and internships
- Further refine and execute existing risk management policies and procedures and stay abreast of risk concerns
- Serve as primary contact for membership in the Global Education Benchmarking Group (GEBG)
A Bachelor's degree is required, a Master’s degree preferred. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a school setting is required with independent school experience preferred. Strong skills in web use and technology are required, especially in social media and international travel requirements. Experience interfacing with government entities and representing the non-profit sector are desired. Highly considered qualifications include; teaching Social Studies, Civics or History, school principal or leadership experience, team and/or club leadership, community volunteerism and/or outreach background.
Compensation and Benefits:
This full-time position is paid on an annual salary commensurate with experience, degree attainment and other qualifications. This position is eligible for CSN’s competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 403(b) retirement program, Aflac and Legal Shield offerings. Breakfast and lunch are offered on all school days. Additional benefits include generous time-off and the use of the school’s state-of-the-art recreational facilities. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Please do not mail, email or fax your resume. Our selection committee will review applications submitted to https://communityschoolnaples.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Application materials should include:
- Cover Letter
- At least two professional references, either with contact information or recommendation letters
Upper School Spanish Teacher
Community School of Naples is seeking an Upper School Spanish Teacher starting in the 2020-2021 school year. The position requires native or near-native proficiency in written and spoken Spanish, a bachelor’s degree in Spanish (master’s degree preferred), and a strong academic background. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 4 years’ experience teaching all levels of Spanish, with AP Spanish Language and/or AP Spanish Literature a plus. In addition, the candidate should be comfortable using a language lab and other technologies, and be committed to ongoing professional development that supports ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines and guiding principles such as authentic materials, backward design, teaching grammar and vocabulary in context, and Can-Do statements for goal setting and reflection, among others. Teaching responsibilities will include 5 sections of Spanish. Other responsibilities include serving as an advisor to a group of students and serving as Spanish Team sponsor.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time instructional position paid on an annual salary commensurate with experience, degree attainment and other qualifications. This position is eligible for CSN’s competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short & long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) retirement program, Aflac and Legal Shield offerings. Additional benefits include generous time-off (academic recesses and summer), breakfast and lunch on all school days, and the use of the school’s state-of-the-art recreational facilities. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Please apply by using the online application via the link below. Hard copies, e-mails and faxes will not be recorded or stored. The online application includes features to attach your cover letter, resume, reference letters and educational philosophy and any other supporting documents.
Lower School Classroom Teacher & Math Coordinator
Community School of Naples is seeking a motivated and talented Elementary School Teacher. Our Lower School serves grades PK3 through Grade 5. The grade level assigned will be decided at a later date, after enrollment and staffing needs are determined, but will most likely be somewhere between Grades 1 & 5. This full time position starts August 7, 2020. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, performing as a high level teacher preparing our students for the highly competitive education they will continue to receive as they progress though our school.
The Lower School Math Coordinator will provide support for the lower school math curriculum. The Math Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating appropriate, research-based mathematics instruction by communicating and collaborating with lower school teachers; mentoring, coaching and consulting with colleagues; providing professional development opportunities for faculty; and making decisions based on converging evidence from research.
Essential elements of the school’s educational program include a comprehensive curriculum, a gifted faculty and a low student-faculty ratio. These elements ensure that each student experiences a challenging education that only an independent, college preparatory school can provide. CSN is accredited by the Florida Council of Independent Schools and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
The position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education with three years of classroom experience or a Master’s Degree in elementary education with two years of classroom experience and knowledge of trends in math education.
Compensation and Benefits
This instructional position will be paid an annual salary commensurate with experience, degree attainment and qualifications. All employees are eligible to participate in the school’s 403(b) retirement program. Full time employees are eligible for our competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, disability, AD&D, life insurance, Aflac and Legal Shield offerings. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Please apply using the link below, which allows for uploading of supporting documents such as cover letter, resume/cv, teaching philosophy, references, transcript, etc. Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please do not mail, fax, email or drop off your application/resume.
- Community School of Naples is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Fingerprinting and background checks are required in CSN’s employment eligibility process.