Careers at CSN
Thank you for your interest in Community School of Naples, southwest Florida's premier independent, college-preparatory day school. Check out the information about the job category that you might be interested in.
Dean of College Counseling
Community School of Naples seeks a Dean of College Counseling to start summer 2020. The College Counseling office is responsible for implementing a sophisticated, well-articulated program for the 310 students in grades 9-12. Reporting to the Head of the Upper School, the Dean of College Counseling will be a dynamic member of the school community, working effectively with students and their families from their first meeting through college admission. Please view our College Counseling webpage here:
The Dean of College Counseling will coordinate all aspects of the college search and application process, including writing letters of recommendation. In addition, he or she will work with groups of students and parents as they explore the college application process, in particular by assisting with college counseling sponsored programs and events for both groups. The Dean of College Counseling will coordinate communication to the school community via innovative use of web-based tools and will also maintain and enhance relationships with college and university representatives. Travel out of state will vary from year to year.
Given the importance of this position within the school community, exceptionally strong interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills are essential, as is an ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment. The Dean of College Counseling must be committed to ongoing professional development and will enthusiastically participate in professional organizations, conferences, and college visits.
Community School of Naples, with over 800 students in prekindergarten through grade twelve, is one of the top independent schools in Southwest Florida. Many of CSN’s dedicated teachers have served the school for more than ten years, some more than twenty. A generous compensation and benefits package are among the many advantages of a career at Community School of Naples, which include engaged students, a beautiful campus and a supportive community atmosphere. Located on the Gulf of Mexico in Southwest Florida, Naples is well known for its abundance of family-oriented and outdoor activities, world-class culture, and spectacular beaches.
A Bachelor's degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred. A minimum four years of experience in college counseling and/or college admissions in a selective admissions environment is essential. College counseling experience in an independent, college preparatory school is preferred, and tenure in a leadership position will receive greater consideration.
Application materials should include:
- Cover Letter
- Two recommendation letters you’ve written on behalf of your students (ideally one for a top student and one for an average student). Names can be removed to ensure anonymity.
- At least two professional references, either with contact information or recommendation letters
Our selection committee will review applications submitted to https://communityschoolnaples.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx. Please do not mail, email or fax your resume.
Director of the Juliet Collier Sproul Center for Community & Global Impact
Community School of Naples seeks a Director of the Juliet Collier Sproul Center for Community & Global Impact. This new position of would lead community outreach and student awareness efforts to help promote civic leadership, outreach, and the development of strong community and global connections, fostering the conviction that student awareness of civic responsibilities and global perspectives are essential to solving the challenges of the modern world, and indeed can enhance the quality of our lives.
Starting in August 2020, this position will report to the Head of Upper School and may involve a part-time teaching load. The program would consolidate certain outreach initiatives which already exist at CSN, while researching and implementing new ones for both the students and our faculty. Generating, maintaining and communicating excitement about this expanded program are essential to this position.
Serving over 800 PK-12 students, Community School of Naples is one of the top independent schools in Southwest Florida. The many advantages of a career at CSN include; generous compensation and benefits, engaged students, plentiful resources, supportive atmosphere and a beautiful campus.
Areas of Concentration and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage an intentional, K-12 approach to global engagement and international travel
- Develop a vision and plan for integrating an appreciation for multiple perspectives and global understanding more deeply into the curriculum, including supporting faculty towards this end
- Provide coordinated oversight of international travel opportunities, including providing planning support to trip leaders in all aspects of proposing, creating, managing risk, and executing international trips; effectively promote student participation in international travel and hosting of international students
- Oversee all aspects of the CSN Global Exchange Program. (currently Valencia and Munich)
- Develop relationships that result in additional opportunities for students to engage globally through immersive travel, study, service learning, and internships
- Further refine and execute existing risk management policies and procedures and stay abreast of risk concerns
- Serve as primary contact for membership in the Global Education Benchmarking Group (GEBG)
- Develop and manage an intentional, K-12 approach to service and service learning, including fostering neighborhood partnerships, and coordinating the efforts of service coordination in each school division
- Develop and maintain relationships with a range of community members, including non-profits, civic groups and agencies, to identify additional opportunities for students to engage meaningfully at the local level
- Deepen key partnerships (including the Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Collier, Holocaust Museum, Habitat for Humanity, Honor Flight, Conservancy of Southwest Florida and others), ensuring that these relationships are sustainable and mutually beneficial
- Expand existing community relationships, further identifying and coordinating mutually-beneficial service learning and volunteer opportunities for CSN faculty, staff, and students.
- Guide and support students, teachers, and parents who are seeking external service learning, volunteering, or other external engagement opportunities
- In partnership with other personnel, support execution of the internship program
A Bachelor's degree is required, a Master’s degree preferred. A minimum of 2 years of experience in a school setting is required with independent school experience preferred. Strong skills in web use and technology are required, especially in social media and international travel requirements. Experience interfacing with government entities and representing the non-profit sector are desired. Highly considered qualifications include; teaching Social Studies, Civics or History, school principal or leadership experience, team and/or club leadership, community volunteerism and/or outreach background.
Application materials should include:
- Cover Letter
- At least two professional references, either with contact information or recommendation letters.
Please do not mail, email or fax your resume. Our selection committee will review applications submitted to https://communityschoolnaples.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx.
Middle School Math Teacher - Start Date: January 2020
Community School of Naples, an outstanding independent, college preparatory school, is currently seeking an experienced Middle School Mathematics Teacher. The position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mathematics (or related field) or a bachelor’s degree in education with an emphasis in secondary mathematics and three years teaching experience at the middle or high school level. The current opening is for teaching Algebra 1 and Algebra 1 Honors with advisory responsibilities. Previous experience working within an independent, college-preparatory, school is preferred but experience teaching honors or AP classes is an acceptable substitute.
Familiarity with graphing calculators, smart boards and computer-assisted technology is also strongly desired. The successful candidate will have experience teaching various levels of mathematics up to at least geometry. Moreover, we will be looking for a demonstrated record of teaching excellence, verifiable ongoing commitment to professional development, ability to motivate and encourage students academically and personally, and have a thorough knowledge of modern teaching methodologies, instructional techniques and pedagogical principles.
A qualified candidate will also be considered based on the following aspects of our daily life at the Community School of Naples: a strong desire to work in a collegial setting with well-rounded and experienced middle school faculty, the ability to adapt to an emerging culture of increased technology that changes on a daily basis, a proven track record of proactively communicating with motivated students and parents, and an understanding of the needs of adolescents and how that translates to their learning styles.
Compensation and Benefits
The appointment begins in January 2020. This is a full-time instructional position paid on an annual salary commensurate with experience, degree attainment and other qualifications. This position is eligible for CSN’s competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short & long term disability, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement program. Additional benefits include generous time-off (academic recesses and summer) and the use of the school’s state-of-the-art recreational facilities. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Please apply by using the online application via the link below, as hard copies, e-mails and faxes will not be recorded or stored. The online application has features to attach your cover letter, resume, reference letters and educational philosophy.
On Call School Bus Driver for School Athletics & Field Trips: Flexible Hours
Community School of Naples, an independent, PK-12 school is currently seeking school bus drivers for athletics and possibly field trips. Reporting to the Transportation Coordinators, you will have a variable schedule consisting mostly of athletic trips in the mid-afternoon, evenings and Saturdays, as well as an occasional day trip. The schedule is usually prepared a week prior to allow both you and the school to plan accordingly. The number of hours per week will vary greatly.
As an independent school, Community School of Naples is not part of the Collier County Public School system and does not have resources to train or otherwise qualify school bus drivers. It is essential that all applicants already hold a valid Florida Class B CDL with P (passenger) and S (school) and Air Brakes endorsements. Experience working with children is strongly preferred. At least one (1) year of school transportation experience is required.
The successful candidate will be paid $20.00 per hour. You will also be eligible to participate in the school’s retirement plan, Aflac and Legal Shield offerings.
Fingerprinting, criminal and driving records checks and DOT pre-employment physical will be performed, as well as periodic, random, drug testing.
Only on line applications will be accepted. Please submit your online application by clicking on the link below: https://communityschoolnaples.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Fingerprinting and background checks are a required part of CSN’s employment eligibility process.