Careers at CSN
Thank you for your interest in Community School of Naples, southwest Florida's premier independent, college-preparatory day school. Check out the information about the job category that you might be interested in.
Director of the Juliet Collier Sproul Center for Community & Global Impact
Community School of Naples seeks a Director of the Juliet Collier Sproul Center for Community & Global Impact. This new position of would lead community outreach and student awareness efforts to help promote civic leadership, outreach, and the development of strong community and global connections, fostering the conviction that student awareness of civic responsibilities and global perspectives are essential to solving the challenges of the modern world, and indeed can enhance the quality of our lives.
Starting in August 2020, this position will report to the Head of Upper School and may involve a part-time teaching load. The program would consolidate certain outreach initiatives which already exist at CSN, while researching and implementing new ones for both the students, faculty, and parent body. Generating, maintaining and communicating excitement about this expanded program are essential to this position.
Serving over 800 PK-12 students, Community School of Naples is one of the top independent schools in Southwest Florida. The many advantages of a career at CSN include; generous compensation and benefits, engaged students, plentiful resources, supportive atmosphere and a beautiful campus.
Areas of Concentration and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage an intentional, K-12 approach to service and service learning, including fostering neighborhood partnerships, and coordinating the efforts of service coordination in each school division
- Develop division-specific service learning curriculum, with special attention to cultivating core competencies relating to a deep understanding of community service, self-reflection, and each individual’s potential for impact.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a range of community members, including non-profits, civic groups and agencies, to identify additional opportunities for students to engage meaningfully at the local level
- Deepen key partnerships (including the Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Collier, Holocaust Museum, Habitat for Humanity, Honor Flight, Conservancy of Southwest Florida, Naples Botanical Garden, FGCU Water School and others), ensuring that these relationships are sustainable and mutually beneficial
- Expand existing community relationships, further identifying and coordinating mutually beneficial service learning and volunteer opportunities for CSN students, faculty, staff, and parents
- Guide and support students, teachers, and parents who are seeking external service learning, volunteering, or other external engagement opportunities
- In partnership with other personnel, support execution of the internship program
- Manage and coordinate an intentional, K-12 approach to global engagement and international travel
- Develop a vision and plan for integrating an appreciation for multiple perspectives and global understanding more deeply into the curriculum, including supporting faculty towards this end
- Provide coordinated oversight of international travel opportunities, including providing planning support to trip leaders in all aspects of proposing, creating, managing risk, and executing international trips; effectively promote student participation in international travel and hosting of international students
- Oversee all aspects of the CSN Global Exchange Program. (currently Valencia and Munich)
- Develop relationships that result in additional opportunities for students to engage globally through immersive travel, study, service learning, and internships
- Further refine and execute existing risk management policies and procedures and stay abreast of risk concerns
- Serve as primary contact for membership in the Global Education Benchmarking Group (GEBG)
A Bachelor's degree is required, a Master’s degree preferred. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a school setting is required with independent school experience preferred. Strong skills in web use and technology are required, especially in social media and international travel requirements. Experience interfacing with government entities and representing the non-profit sector are desired. Highly considered qualifications include; teaching Social Studies, Civics or History, school principal or leadership experience, team and/or club leadership, community volunteerism and/or outreach background.
Compensation and Benefits:
This full-time position is paid on an annual salary commensurate with experience, degree attainment and other qualifications. This position is eligible for CSN’s competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 403(b) retirement program, Aflac and Legal Shield offerings. Breakfast and lunch are offered on all school days. Additional benefits include generous time-off and the use of the school’s state-of-the-art recreational facilities. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Please do not mail, email or fax your resume. Our selection committee will review applications submitted to https://communityschoolnaples.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Application materials should include:
- Cover Letter
- At least two professional references, either with contact information or recommendation letters
Upper School Chinese Teacher – Immediate Start
Community School of Naples, an independent, college preparatory school, is currently seeking a full time Chinese teacher who is skilled in teaching all levels including AP Chinese Language and Culture. Our current teacher is leaving Feb 28, 2020 and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to start mid-February with overlap for orientation. The employment agreement will be through May 31, 2020 with a strong potential to renew the agreement for the 2020-2021 school year.
The candidate hired will teach five classes, grades 9-12, with the average class size of 8-10 students. The position requires a Bachelor's degree and experience teaching Chinese at the upper school level. Experience teaching in the target language at least 90% of the time and using ACTFL proficiency standards and assessments are a plus.
This position offers the opportunity to work in a proficiency-based environment where focus on student-created communication of language is built through a well-articulated curriculum. Community School of Naples has state-of-the-art language learning resources to support teaching and learning, thus engaging students as enthusiastic learners.
CSN is one of the top independent, non-sectarian day schools in Florida and maintains a PK-12 school enrollment of 800 students. CSN students are consistently top-ranked when compared to all other Southwest Florida high schools when it comes to test scores, extracurricular activities, and college acceptances. New academic initiatives, such as the Scholars Program, AP Capstone Diploma, and Global Exchange Program, ensure that both students and faculty have the opportunity to grow and develop into world-class thinkers and leaders.
Compensation and Benefits
This instructional position is paid a salary commensurate with experience, degree attainment, and qualifications. All employees are eligible to participate in CSN’s 403(b) retirement program. Full time employees are eligible for our competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, AD&D, life, Aflac and Legal Shield offerings. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please do not mail, fax, email or drop off your application/resume. Please submit your electronic application by clicking on the link below:
Middle School French/Spanish Teacher
Community School of Naples, an independent, college preparatory school, is currently seeking a full-time Middle School French/Spanish teacher who is skilled in teaching French and Spanish to middle school children in a proficiency-based environment. The appointment begins in August 2020. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree preferred) and at least three years of teaching French and Spanish at the middle school level, preferably in an Independent School. Experience teaching in the target language at least 90% of the time and using ACTFL proficiency standards, along with proficiency-based assessments are preferred.
Teaching responsibilities will include a variety of middle school French and Spanish language courses. The successful candidate will teach five classes a day, with the average class size being approximately 8-15 students.
This position offers the opportunity to work in a proficiency-based environment where focus on student-created communication of language is built through a well-articulated curriculum. Community School of Naples has state-of-the-art language learning resources to support teaching and learning, thus engaging students as enthusiastic learners. Through CSN's Global Exchange Program, CSN is intent on getting its faculty and students out of the classroom and into the world to authentically use their language skills, and there exists multiple opportunities each year for faculty to serve as overseas chaperones.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time instructional position paid on an annual salary commensurate with experience, degree attainment and other qualifications. This position is eligible for CSN’s competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short & long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) retirement program, Aflac and Legal Shield offerings. Additional benefits include generous time-off (academic recesses and summer) and the use of the school’s state-of-the-art recreational facilities. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Please apply by using the online application via the link below. Hard copies, e-mails and faxes will not be recorded or stored. The online application includes features to attach your cover letter, resume, reference letters and educational philosophy and any other supporting documents.
- Community School of Naples is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Fingerprinting and background checks are required in CSN’s employment eligibility process.