Careers at CSN
Thank you for your interest in Community School of Naples, southwest Florida's premier independent, college-preparatory day school. Check out the information about the job category that you might be interested in.
Community School of Naples is currently requiring everyone to wear a face covering while indoors, maintain physical distance of 6 feet or greater, and practice enhanced hygiene; including frequent hand washing and sanitizing of surfaces. See our Community Enhancement Plan for more details about Covid-19 risk minimizing measures which apply to all persons on campus. https://www.communityschoolnaples.org/uploaded/2020-2021/home/docs/CommunityEnhancementPlan.PDF
Community School of Naples is seeking qualified substitute teachers. Please consider joining our wonderful community!
Community School of Naples is currently requiring everyone to wear a face covering while indoors, maintain physical distance of 6 feet or greater, and practice enhanced hygiene; including frequent hand washing and sanitizing of surfaces. See our Community Enhancement Plan for more details about Covid-19 risk minimizing measures with which all persons on campus are required to comply. https://www.communityschoolnaples.org/uploaded/2020-2021/home/docs/CommunityEnhancementPlan.PDF
Substitute Teacher Position Description and Requirements
The CSN maintains a comprehensive list of substitute teachers. This list is compiled and provided by the Human Resources Department with input from the various divisions and individual teachers. All substitute teachers are required to complete all pre-employment paperwork, fingerprinting, 7 SafeSchools Online Safety Training courses (annually) and SmartFind SubSystem Training, prior to employment. Once preliminary processes are successfully completed and approval to hire has been received, substitute teachers will be notified of acceptance and activation.
The Community School of Naples is an independent, college-preparatory day school that has built a reputation as a premier academic institution, and offers substitute teachers the opportunity to interact with highly motivated students in an academic environment free from many of the distractions found in other educational settings. We are fortunate that our students are both assiduous and are supported at home and in the classroom. As such, it is typical for students to be working several grade levels beyond their public school counterparts. Because of this laudable phenomenon, interested substitutes should be confident and capable of teaching beyond their selected grade level.
Substitute teachers must have more than an interest in a particular subject(s), and be able to demonstrate subject matter expertise arising from college or university coursework, professional certifications, licensure, experience, or a combination of unique factors. Important qualifications include: a college degree, state certification as a teacher, professional experience within a field, and basic knowledge of pedagogical principles and educational tenants.
At least for the first quarter of 2020, subbing may be working with a teacher who is running the class from home with the sub in the classroom covering attendance, conduct, and enforcement of current COVID safety standards. A strong background in technology is highly desired.
Most substitute teacher positions require a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
Compensation and Benefits
Substitute Teachers are paid on an hourly basis, currently at $14.75/hr and $19/hr for any work beyond 15 consecutive days. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Please apply via our online application portal only. Please do not mail, fax, email, or drop off your resume/application. https://communityschoolnaples.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Lower School Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Specialist
The Community School of Naples is seeking a Lower School Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Specialist to lead our ongoing mission-based efforts to maintain, expand, and cultivate an SEL program that is tailored to the specific needs of our community. The SEL Coordinator will serve as a resource for our community including faculty and parents. The SEL Coordinator will collaborate with all stakeholders to facilitate, deliver, and support SEL programming and student wellness for our PreK-5 students while maintaining professional and confidentiality practices.
The SEL Specialist will:
- In collaboration with the Lower School Head, School Guidance Counselor and faculty develop and support the implementation of SEL curriculum
- Conduct school climate assessments and analyze data to support the SEL curriculum
- Lead SEL professional development for faculty and provide parent education and training to members of the community
- Communicate and collaborate closely with families to coordinate support and to provide resources
- Develop and maintain relationships with a range of community members, including non-profits, and mental health agencies
- Work with the Lower School Head, School Guidance Counselor and Coordinator of Learning Support to assist school efforts to skillfully balance learning needs across the student body
- In collaboration with the Lower School Head and School Guidance Counselor, act as a resource for faculty and staff in providing emotional and social support for students/families of diverse backgrounds
- In collaboration with teaching faculty, support students social-emotional development through one-on-one, small-group and whole group instruction
- Develop and manage an intentional, PreK-5 approach to social emotional learning that produces data driven results to be shared with the Fountain 33 Foundation through a pre-existing collaborative relationship
- Strong understanding of the social-emotional needs of elementary students, including, but not limited to, knowledge of developmental characteristics and milestones
- Culturally competent and responsive to equity and inclusion needs in the community
- Flexible collaborator with strong written and oral communication
- Experience with trauma-informed education, emotional regulation, mindfulness practices and behavior intervention support.
- Ability and desire to form strong and positive relationships with all community members
- Knowledge of how to support mental health and well-being in young children including, anxiety and depression
- Knowledge of and experience with elementary SEL curriculum and resources
- Experience in elementary education and/or mental health
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred
Compensation & Benefits
This full time position will be paid an annual salary commensurate with experience and degree level. All employees are eligible to participate in CSN’s generous 403(b) retirement program as well as Aflac and Legal Shield offerings. Full time employees are eligible for our competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, AD&D, life insurance. Breakfast and lunch are provided free of charge on all school days. As a faculty position, this will include time off during all academic recesses. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Please submit your electronic application via this link https://communityschoolnaples.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx which allows uploading of all supporting documents. Please include a cover letter, teaching philosophy and references. Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please do not mail, fax, email or drop off your application/resume.
Community School of Naples, an independent, college preparatory school, is currently seeking Groundskeeping Manager. The position requires at least 3 years’ experience managing the landscaping needs of a large property. Experience with landscaping maintenance, fertilization, aeration, pest control and irrigation is required and experience landscaping and painting athletic fields is preferred.
CSN’s has a beautifully landscaped 77-acre campus with many athletic and practice fields, including the new John N. Allen All Sports Stadium with sustainable turf. The Groundskeeping Manager will be responsible for all aspects of campus landscaping and overseeing the landscaping staff. A strong knowledge of use, maintenance and repair of various landscaping equipment is a must.
This is a hands on, full time, year-round position which may include seasonal variations of schedule because monitoring of pump systems may be needed during weekends in the dry season. It goes without saying that due to the outdoor nature of this work, the successful candidate must be comfortable working outside in Florida’s hot season.
CSN is one of the top independent, non-sectarian day schools in Florida and maintains a PK-12 school enrollment of 800 students. CSN students are consistently top-ranked when compared to all other Southwest Florida high schools when it comes to test scores, extracurricular activities, and college acceptances. This high level of performance extends beyond the classroom to all extra-curriculum activities including athletics.
Compensation and Benefits
This full time, year-round position will be paid $20 to $27 per hour commensurate with experience and licensure. All employees are eligible to participate in CSN’s generous 403(b) retirement program as well as Aflac and Legal Shield offerings. Full time employees are eligible for our competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, AD&D, and life insurance. Breakfast and lunch are provided free of charge on all school days. Please visit our website for more details about the benefits of a career at CSN.
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please do not mail, fax, email or drop off your application/resume. Please submit your electronic application by clicking on the link below:
- Community School of Naples is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Fingerprinting and background checks are required in CSN’s employment eligibility process.