- Director of Athletic Operations
Welcome to Community School of Naples (CSN) Athletics! What can you expect from our Athletic Program? Your student-athlete will pursue Academic and Athletic Excellence each day—we compete in nearly 600 athletic contests over the course of a 172-day school year. We are viewed as a “Combined” school by the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) which means our Middle School (MS) student-athletes can compete at the JV and Varsity levels. In fact, this past year we had 54 MS students earn either a JV or Varsity roster spot. We enjoyed a 78% athletic participation rate for Upper School (US) students and 70% MS students on a MS team.
- 16 MS student-athletes played on 3 or more teams while maintaining above a 3.0 GPA!
- 20 student-athletes earned multiple Varsity letters during their career while maintaining a GPA of 3.75 or higher!
- 19 student-athletes earned 3 or more Varsity letters in one school year & 2 of them played 4 sports!
- 13% of Seniors take their talents to NCAA Institutions —8 Division I Schools (Nat’l avg. is < 2% for NCAA Div I)!
- Since 2015—CSN averaged 12% Student Athletes to NCAA Schools to play a sport!
- Since 2016—CSN produced 11 Individual State Champions in Tennis, Track & Field & Swimming!
- Since 2015—CSN produced 2 Winged Foot Award Winners for Collier County!
- Since 2016—CSN produced 416 All-State or All-Area selectees & 4 All-Americans (Basketball / Lacrosse / Swimming)!
- Since 2017—41 new school records were set in Track & Field and Swimming & Diving!
CSN Athletic department is committed to “Excellence” and believe leadership and character development are essential to success in life!
Our aim is to match “Athletic Excellence with Academic Excellence” and “Forge global citizen leaders of tomorrow through rigorous athletic competition today.” Athletic competition hones leadership skills, tests character, and elevates confidence in student-athletes while experiencing personal growth. Our coaches embrace the concept of winning with teamwork, leadership, respect, integrity and work ethic on and off the field. This past year was historic for CSN—11 teams were District Champions, 7 teams reached Region Semi Finals, 4 reached the Region Finals, Girls Lacrosse went to the Final Four and Girls Tennis finished State Runner-up! Individual successes mirrored our team honors as 4 student-athletes earned Naples Daily News “Prep Athlete of the Week.” 25 earned All-State, 55 student-athletes earned All-Area honors and 5 new CSN records in Swimming & Diving were set, and 4 records set in Track & Field! Two CSN athletes won SWFL Player of the Year—Prentice Atterbury (Lacrosse) & Kaitlin Quevedo (Tennis).
Leveraging athletics to better balance CSN student resumes illustrates our commitment to faculty, parents and students and the true holistic value of athletics as it relates to higher education and success in life. We work in concert with College Counselling, Arts and Academic departments to match the best Colleges and Universities to our students. All this success doesn’t happen without the dedication and support our student-athletes continue to receive from CSN Leadership, faculty, coaches, family and friends. Summer conditioning and team activities are a huge part of success, leadership and teambuilding at CSN. If you are a returning CSN student or new to our community—take some time and read through all our upcoming camps and start dates as we approach a new school year. Welcome to CSN and our proud heritage of “Excellence.”