Here are the pillars of the CSN COVID policy, and the rationale behind them:
- Vaccines are strongly encouraged as the best defense against complicated COVID.
- It is rare for vaccinated individuals to have complicated COVID.
- Complicated COVID is rare in healthy children.
- Do not come to CSN (or stay at CSN) if you are ill!
- Zero tolerance for contagious symptoms at CSN will help ensure a low viral load environment.
- Respiratory infections are (and have always been) a reality at schools, but most COVID is contracted away from school.
- Consult your physician for advice about symptoms and/or exposures.
- Anxiety levels increase with increased speculation and discussion of others’ private health information.
- Masks are optional and welcomed at CSN.
- Assume the person next to you has (pre-symptomatic) COVID, and act according to your comfort level.
- Consider wearing an N95 mask if you are at risk or if you are concerned.
- There is little evidence that standard surgical masks or cloth masks prevent the transmission of Delta COVID, which is highly contagious.
- There is no evidence that standard surgical masks or cloth masks have any effect outdoors.
- We will continue to closely monitor absences at CSN, and respond accordingly.